During 2021 M-ERA.NET developed its first "Guidelines for Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) in the context of materials science" to
- introduce the idea of Responsible Research & Innovation (RRI)
- explain how M-ERA.NET supports RRI
- offer practical advice for operationalising RRI in projects and
- provide sources of further information for applicants
This is a ‘live document’ developed by M-ERA.NET in cooperation with external RRI advisors taking into consideration input provided by materials scientists and funding organisations. These RRI guidelines were developed in a co-creation process including a workshop with the community.
This document should help
- applicants to M-ERA.NET calls
- evaluators of proposals submitted to M-ERA.NET calls
- funding organisations
It can also be used when preparing proposals submitted to other funding schemes within the scope of materials research which address RRI-related aspects, for instance Horizon Europe.
Contact person for RRI is Cecilie A. Mathiesen at The Research Council of Norway (cam(at)rcn.no).